- Campaign Period
The period beginning with the issue of the writs for an election and ending two months after polling day.
- who is nominated as a candidate for an electoral division,
- who is nominated by a constituency association of a registered party in an electoral division for endorsation as the official candidate of that party in the electoral division, or
- who, on or after the date of the issue of a writ for an election in an electoral division, declares the person’s candidacy as an independent candidate at the election in the electoral division;
- Chief Electoral Officer (CEO)
A non-partisan Officer of the Legislative Assembly, responsible for the administration of the Election Act and the Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The person officially designated by a registered party, a registered constituency association, or a registered candidate to manage the financial affairs of that political entity, including the issuance of Official Receipts and the filing of prescribed financial statements.
- Constituency Association
An organization endorsed by a registered party or an independent member of the Legislative Assembly to handle ongoing activities, including fundraising.