- Declined Ballot
A declined ballot is a ballot returned to the deputy returning officer by an elector who declines to cast a vote.
- Deputy Returning Officer (DRO)
The responsibilities of a DRO include:
- setting up the polling station,
- maintaining the ballot box,
- maintaining the polling booth,
- assisting electors in completing declarations,
- directing electors in completing the ballot,
- maintaining peace and order in the polling station,
- conducting the unofficial count,
- communicating the unofficial results as directed by the RO, and
- returning the ballot box to the RO if an SDRO is not available to do so.