IT Support Staff
Elections Alberta is recruiting in the following areas:
Electoral Division (Proposed Office Location)
|Calgary||Edmonton||Rest of Alberta|
Bonnyville-Cold Lake-St. Paul
Fort McMurray-Lac La Biche
Fort McMurray-Wood Buffalo
Lac. Ste. Anne-Parkland
As an IT Support, we are looking for people with the following skills:
- proficiency with computers, printers, and other electronic equipment;
- ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment;
- strong planning and organization skills;
- excellent oral and written communication skills – in the English language;
- flexibility (as the role has a varied work schedule);
- mobility (as the role will require travel);
- a Class 5 Driver’s License (at least);
- ability to lift up to 20 lbs;
- comfort with standing for long periods of time;
- a professional phone manner;
- access to a cell phone; and,
- strong time management skills – especially the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
You must be able to:
- work well as a team;
- have the ability to follow instructions;
- be diplomatic; and
- read maps and have familiarity with your electoral division.
You must be willing to:
- ensure election events across Alberta are fair, accessible, and comply with legislation,
- ensure that the execution of the election event is seamless in regards to technology,
- coordinate the IT used in the advance polls, and all IT equipment implemented during the election event, and
- assist the trainer when using IT to train other election officers.
To apply, candidates must submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – referencing job “IT2019” in their email. Following submission, successful candidates will then be contacted by their local returning officer for an interview.