Returning Officer Recruitment
Elections Alberta is recruiting a Returning Officer from the Fort McMurray-Wood Buffalo area.
This electoral division is defined by the boundaries shown on the attached maps below:
To apply, candidates must complete and pass an election related knowledge assessment.
Successful candidates will be given instructions on how to submit their resume on conclusion of the assessment. All applications will then be reviewed. Successful candidates will be contacted.Eligibility –
You must be an elector in Alberta. That is:
- a Canadian Citizen,
- at least 18 years of age, and
- an ordinary resident of Alberta.
Applicants should possess the following qualities; though, applicants without these assets may be considered:
- Past management and/or administration experience in electoral processes,
- residence within the electoral division of hire,
- ability to work full or part-time as needed, and
- able to manage a variety of tasks and deadlines.
You must be willing to:
- ensure election events across Alberta are fair, accessible, and comply with legislation
- administrate the election event prior, during, and after Election Day
- manage the office, lease polling places, recruit and hire staff, and
- assist candidates, official agents, and electors