Returning Officer Recruitment
Elections Alberta is recruiting a Returning Officer from the Fort McMurray-Wood Buffalo area.
This electoral division is defined by the boundaries shown on the attached maps below:
You must be an elector in Alberta. That is:
- a Canadian Citizen,
- at least 18 years of age, and
- an ordinary resident of Alberta.
Applicants should possess the following qualities; though, applicants without these assets may be considered:
- Past management and/or administration experience in electoral processes,
- residence within the electoral division of hire,
- ability to work full or part-time as needed, and
- able to manage a variety of tasks and deadlines.
You must be willing to:
- ensure election events across Alberta are fair, accessible, and comply with legislation
- administrate the election event prior, during, and after Election Day
- manage the office, lease polling places, recruit and hire staff, and
- assist candidates, official agents, and electors
To apply, candidates must complete and pass an election related knowledge assessment and a skills assessment. Successful candidates, will then be given instructions on how to submit an application and resume upon the conclusion of the assessment. All applications will then be reviewed, and successful applicants will be contacted by Elections Alberta for an interview.
To start the process, click on ‘Apply Now’. You will be taken to the Elections Soft-Skills Assessment Program. Click on ‘register’ to create an account and complete the assessment. Following the assessment, your results will be reviewed and you will receive an email from Elections Alberta regarding next steps in the process.