- Register of Electors
The electronic database which was initially created from November 1996 enumeration data and is updated continually from a variety of sources for the purpose of producing Lists of Electors as required.
- Registered Political Party
A political party registered under the Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act.
- Registration Officer (RGO)
The responsibilities of a RGO include:
- assisting electors in completing declarations;
- determining electors’ PSDs, if necessary;
- directing electors to the appropriate polls;
- assisting the SDRO and DROs in the performance of their duties; and
- removing material from the polling place (including voting screens, posters, signs) while the unofficial count is conducted.
- Rejected Ballot
A ballot rejected by the deputy returning officer, during the unofficial count, if the voter’s intention is unclear; or, a special ballot that is received after the close of the polls on polling day.
- Returning Officer (RO)
The person responsible for the enumeration and election in one of the province’s electoral divisions. The responsibility includes recruitment, training and supervision of the front-line election officers who staff the polling stations.
- Returning Officer Liaisons (ROL)
A person hired by the Chief Electoral Officer, who works with several returning officers to provide regional support.