Returning Officer Handbook
The Guide for Municipal Returning Officers in Alberta was developed by Municipal Affairs and Elections Alberta to assist local jurisdictions in conducting the senate election and referendum vote with the 2021 municipal election.
- Module 1: Election Considerations and Module 2: Nominations
- Module 3: Election Finance and Contribution Disclosure and Module 4: Third Party Advertising
- Module 5: Senate election and referendum vote
- Module 6: Voting Opportunities
- Modules 7-9: Election Day, Post Vote, Controverted Elections and Election Offences
Elections Database (EDB)
These resources provide detailed instructions for submitting election information through the Elections Database (EDB).
- Entering Election Information in the Elections Database (YouTube)
- Entering Senate and Referendum Results in the Elections Database (YouTube)
- Elections Database User Guide for Municipalities
Métis Settlement Election Handbook
This handbook aims to provide guidance on how to conduct the senate and referendum vote as a stand-alone event, when the expected local election will occur earlier than the senate and referendum vote.