Vision, Mission, Mandate
Albertans have confidence in an easily accessible electoral process.
Deliver effective non-partisan services that meet the electoral needs of Albertans.
Elections Alberta’s mandate is to:
- administer open, fair, and impartial elections;
- provide voters with the necessary information and means to participate in the democratic process;
- provide political participants with the necessary information and assistance to comply with election rules;
- provide voters and political participants with a high standard of professionalism, courtesy and customer service;
- provide information and training to election officers to ensure impartial service delivery, compliance with election procedures and the successful conduct of electoral events;
- recommend changes to electoral law to improve administrative practices and the conduct of elections;
- embrace partnership opportunities and innovative ideas by adopting best practices and new technologies from the service, business, and election communities; and
- support a positive, respectful, cohesive and self-rewarding work environment where individual aspirations can be achieved.