Vision, Mission, Mandate
Albertans have confidence in an easily accessible electoral process.
Deliver effective non-partisan services that meet the electoral needs of Albertans.
Elections Alberta’s mandate is to:
- administer open, fair, and impartial elections;
- provide stakeholders with the necessary information and means to participate in the democratic process;
- provide support to election officers to ensure impartial service delivery;
- serve in an advisory and regulatory role to achieve compliance in electoral finance activities;
- provide the public with disclosure through the publication of reports and financial statements;
- embrace partnership opportunities and innovative ideas by adopting best practices and new technologies from the service, business, and election communities; and
- support a positive, respectful, cohesive and self-rewarding work environment where individual aspirations can be achieved.