As per the Election Act, the following persons are not eligible to work as election officers:
- Members of the Parliament of Canada;
- Members of the Legislative Assembly;
- Councillors under the Municipal Government Act,
- Trustees of a board of trustees under the School Act;
- Official agents;
- Judges of federal or provincial courts; and
- Persons who have, within the immediately preceding 10 years, been convicted of an indictable offence where the penalty that may be imposed for that offense is greater than 2 years’ imprisonment.
If you are uncertain if you are ineligible, please contact us.