Work as an Election Officer
Learn more about our Returning Office and Election Officer positions.
Read our policy on ensuring fair and accountable hiring practices.
Election officers are an essential part of the voting process, providing voting opportunities to electors across the province. All residents of Alberta that are 16 years of age or older are welcome to apply. Individuals interested in applying for these positions should demonstrate:
- An interest in the democratic process
- A commitment to helping people
- Good communication skills
- Basic literacy skills (reading, writing and comprehension)
- Legible printing
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to standards
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work long days (12 – 14 hours)
Election officer positions are available for all advance poll days and on Election Day.