Be Ready to Vote – May 29, 2023
Information for Voters
Be Ready to Vote
Start checking items off your voting checklist as we get closer to our fixed Election Date of May 29, 2023.
Register to Vote
Register to vote now to make your voting process faster and easier when you go to vote in May!
How to Register Online
Need help registering to vote? Learn more about the process or call us at 1-877-422-VOTE.
How to Vote
Explore the various options to cast your ballot, including voting by mail.
Apply for a Special Ballot
Not able to vote in advance or on Election Day? Learn more about voting by Special Ballot.
ID Required to Vote
New this election, ID with your name and physical address is required to vote. Learn more about what ID we can accept.
Information for Political Participants
Run as a Candidate
Learn more about the process of becoming a candidate in the 2023 Provincial General Election
Learn how much can be contributed to political participants and the rules for contributing
Learn more about spending limits for political participants during an election period
Election Third Party Advertisers
Find resources for Election TPAs and find out who’s registered.
Advertising guidelines apply to all candidate, party, constituency association and third-party advertiser ads. Learn more about the requirements for ads.
Government Advertising Restrictions
Government advertising restrictions will be in effect between May 1 – 29. Find out the rules here.
Information for the Media
Find all our news releases here.
Looking for our Register to Vote campaign assets? Find our materials here.
March 31, 2023
Party, Constituency Association, and Third Party Advertiser Annual Financial Statements Due
April 17, 2023 (Publication on May 2, 2023)
Party and Third Party Advertiser Q1 Contribution Reports Due
May 1, 2023
Writs Issued for the 2023 Provincial General Election
Reports & Publications
- 2021 Senate Election and Referendum Report
- 2020-2021 Annual Report
- 2019 General Election – Volume I (Event Information, Statistics, Costs, Recommendations)
- 2019 General Election – Volume II (Poll-by-Poll Results and Maps)
- 2019 General Election – Volume III (Financial Activities of Political Participants)
Bulletins and Guidelines
- No. 1 Advertising by Government Departments and Provincial Corporations during Election and By-Election Periods
- No. 2 Campaign Period Restrictions and Overlapping Reporting Periods
- No. 3 Party Mergers
- No. 5 Third Party Activities and Expenses
- No. 6 Purchasing Political Party and Constituency Association Memberships
- Guidelines for Access to and Disclosure of Alberta’s List of Electors
- Guidelines for Election Surveys
- Guidelines for Election and Political Advertising
Forms and Guides
- CD-R-01 Registration of a Candidate
- CA-R-19-01 Registration of a Constituency Association
- Third-Party Advertiser Registration Form
- Candidate Guide to the EFCDA
- Constituency Association Guide to the EFCDA
- Guide for Contributors
- Guide for Contributors to TPAs
- Leadership Contestant Guide to the EFCDA
- Nomination Contestant Guide to the EFCDA
- Political Party Guide to the EFCDA
- Political and Election TPA Guide to the EFCDA