Election Clerk Recruitment
Elections Alberta is recruiting in the following areas:
Electoral Division (Proposed Office Location)
You must be an elector in Alberta. That is:
- a Canadian Citizen,
- at least 18 years of age, and
- ordinarily resident of Alberta.
As an Election Clerk, we are looking for people with the following skills:
- excellent organizational skills;
- attention to detail/accuracy;
- professional phone manner;
- excellent communication skills, clarity in speaking and writing English; and
- time management skills – ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task.
You must be able to:
- work well as a team;
- have the ability to follow instructions;
- be diplomatic; and
- read maps and have familiarity with your electoral division.
- Access to a vehicle, as travel throughout the electoral division is required.
- Class 5 Drivers Licence
You must be willing to assist the returning officer to carry out the following:
- ensure election events across Alberta are fair, accessible, and comply with legislation,
- administer the election event,
- manage the office, lease polling places, hire and train staff, and
- assist candidates, official agents, and electors.
To apply, candidates must complete and pass an election related knowledge assessment and a skills assessment. Successful candidates, will then be given instructions on how to submit an application and resume upon the conclusion of the assessment. All applications will then be reviewed, and successful applicants will be contacted by their local Returning Officer for an interview.
To start the process, click on ‘Apply Now’. You will be taken to the Elections Soft-Skills Assessment Program. Click on ‘register’ to create an account and complete the assessment. Following the assessment, your results will be reviewed and you will receive an email from Elections Alberta regarding next steps in the process.